Be the Peace
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
This is the time of year when peace is sung about and shared in many holiday traditions. And yet we can walk around stressed out about world events and personal circumstances and experience anything but peace on the inside.
Cultivating inner peace in the midst of outer turbulence is what I call being an inner activist. According to the dictionary, peace is not only absence of war or strife; it is also a state of tranquility or contentment.
What’s in your way of experiencing inner peace? Do you ever hear yourself say, I could be content or at peace if only ……..? When we say that, we are giving away our power of choice.
It’s time to take our power back. The truth is no person or condition actually has the power to “make” us angry or fearful or out of sorts. Our state of mind is an inside job. I can choose fear or peace. It takes consistent practice. Inner activism is about taking responsibility for the emotional vibration or frequency we broadcast into the world and choosing to practice that power at all times.
There are many ways to shift to from fear or worry to inner peace. You get to find the one that works for you.
- Be in nature. Breathe in the fresh air. Exult in the surrounding beauty.
- Tap a winter nap. Naps always do wonders for shifting energy.
- Listen to a song. Or sing a song. Music is uplifting.
- Breathe in an essential oil. My favorite shifting blend is Breathe by doTERRA. It wakes up my brain and energizes me.
- Sing while you are walking in nature and you get three in one!
This season be an inner activist. Give yourself the gift of inner peace. Try these ideas out and create your own path that lets you feel at peace no matter what is happening in and around you.